Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Super Bowl


Nah, don't watch it.  I don't watch it 'for the commercials' either as I
have heard people say.
I do check to see who won but don't care one way or the other.  Yes,
I like football, but since the team I grew up watching is just a
parody of itself due to an obnoxious owner, I gave up watching pro
football quite a few years ago.  If they could trade the owner I
might go back but it's been so long I just don't miss it.  So I watch
college football and really enjoy that. 


The point I'm getting to is the preponderance of time, effort and money given to this one game.  It seems to get bigger each year.  When we got home, we turned on the TV and it was halftime.  That
spectacle reminded me of the opening ceremonies of Olympics. 
Every time it happens whoever is hosting seems to spare no
expense to try to out do the previous, or just be the most
spectacular event ever.  I'm the guy that says, sometimes less is
more, and being classy is a good thing.  Remember nipplegate?  
                     Accident?  Classy? Never will believe that. 


I saw an advertisement for one of my favorite restaurants, that they
were going to actually close all three of their stores at 4 PM so their
employees could enjoy the game too.  They may be the first to ever
do that.  Just how important is this game in the scheme of things? 
I'm just glad it's over, well except for all the over analyzing of the
game and what it means to the teams and certain players blah
blah blah on and on.  And there are some pretty funny commercials
that come out of it.

Yes I really do like football, honest.  




Happy Trails.

No comments: