Friday, February 13, 2015

More Motrin Please



Wednesday, the day I had planned to pick up the garden soil I wanted for my above ground garden.  There were a couple places I had considered to purchase from.  I settled on the one a little closer to the house due to my small truck. 


I think I and going to be pretty happy with what I got.  They mix compost into their garden soil.  It is pretty evident by the pungent odor.  It is also pretty loose and rather fine grained.  14$ for a 1/2 cubic yard, not to bad. 
 
Tried to use my old wheel barrow.  It's was DOA.  Kim decided it would make a good planter.  Well OK.  Something else I will have to negotiate around with the mower.  We'll see how long it takes for her to actually do anything with it.  Yes dear, I know you have good intentions.

Since the wheel barrow is done for, we used this method.  









 It will sit in this state until the weather gets to the point that any new plants won't get frozen.   


It does seem like an early spring is on it's way.  But, we do get fooled by mother nature every so often.  I hoping for mid-March, yes, after St. Paddy's day.

I am feeling the results of all this 'labor' but it was so much easier than previous times doing similar with the crummy wheel barrow.  I missed posting Thursday, I fell asleep much earlier than usual, so I wasn't even conscious at the time I usually put something together. 


More Motrin please. 

Happy Trails



1 comment:

Terry and Linda said...

In two weeks I start here!! I can hardly wait!

Linda ❤⊱彡
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com
https://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com/sherlock-boomer