Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Set Back



Early Spring has suffered a set back here in the Texas Hill Country.  We are under a threat of snow and freezing rain with 25-30 mph winds.  It was 32* this morning and has dropped since.  It's supposed to get worse as the day goes on.

We have benefited from Spring like weather off and on for the last couple weeks with plenty of rain thrown in.  That causes a false Spring in these parts.  Plants and trees start sprouting blooms.  The Mountain Laurels in various areas are in full bloom, ours have small buds. 


Our friends Peach trees are in full bloom.


These two types tress won't set blooms again when they get frozen.  We have had a very mild winter this year and it seems Mother Nature wants to give us one last reminder of who's in charge.  I just hope we got Kim's plants covered in time.  It also puts a damper on wanting to get out and plant my garden.  (wasn't going to anyway, but seeing there waiting and with good weather I get the 'want to' pretty bad.)

On another note, this is the Journal Cover I made for Kim's Birthday.   
 

 
She has gotten to be quite a note taker at church and was either making notes on the fly leaf of her bible or a small yellow note pad.  The fly leaf will get filled with notes pretty quick and her yellow note pad will get abused and used and lost.  I just thought she needed something more permanent.  I really haven't made much leather for her at all either.  Leather work has been rather slow also so it helps me keep in practice.  It is one of those skills that you have to keep on top of or you lose your edge.  She seemed to like it.  I tried several new techniques that may be something I can use on future items as my skill improve.

Happy Trails

1 comment:

Terry and Linda said...

Ahhh, your spring is lovely! I hope the freeze doesn't do tons of damage.

Linda ♪♫❤
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com
https://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com/sherlock-boomer