Sunday, February 22, 2015

Subdued

Yesterday was Kim's birthday, it was also our first grandchild, Dani's birthday.  My oldest son and wife came over Friday to pick up the Gkids and honor Kim early for her birthday.

Kim had to work at the resort Saturday.  That usually wears her out and yesterday was no exception.  I had planned to at least take her out for supper but she even declined that.  OK, now what do I do?  She fell asleep on the couch in the late afternoon.  When she woke up I again asked about going out and she was OK with that.  Our favorite steak place in town was so crowded there were folks standing outside.  Not us, we don't have the patience for anything like that.  So we drove around a bit until she decided where else she would like to go.  Finally settled on a place and all was good.  It was a very subdued birthday for her.  I made her a journal cover she seemed to like.  I will post a photo of it later.

We are so boring.  I assume it's like that for most old married couples.  Sometimes we are willing but the flesh is weak so to speak.  I have been struggling to have anything to post here and don't want to waste folks time with drivel but I had to at least mention the Love of My Life's birthday.

Carry on....and Happy Trails

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

Interesting how that worked out. My question is where was he doing the minimal homework though... And it IS all about perceptions... sigh

Randy said...

the homework was done in slack times in class, they even told them they could do this all the while denying that it was done that way. They lied by calling my son the liar.