Friday, September 9, 2016

Been Distracted

Not a lot going on here.  The wife had her convention event Wednesday and it went well.  Now she is off for the rest of the month.  There is one more convention we are supplying with gifts for their clients.  It is a piece of jewelry that has features of my leather work also.  I'll post a pic once we have delivered at the end of the month.  It's 25 pieces and it is keeping me busy these last few days hence the lack of posts.  I am the kind that when I have a thing that needs to be done, even with a far off deadline, I try to get it done well ahead of time.  That leaves me with spare time for any changes or additions.  The wife doesn't work that way at all.  But we manage to get it done anyway.

Since the wife is pretty much off right now, we are trying to catch up on things around the house that get neglected i.e. cleaning, more yard work, etc.  I also need to get the guns out and give them a going over.  I really fall behind on that.  

Since we had a little free time we went for a nice lunch over in Gruene, Texas.  This is a great little spot in New Braunfels.  It gets a lot of tourists visiting.  Since school is back in we expected it to be less busy.  While it was less busy than the height of the tourist season, there were many more folks there than I expected.  We enjoyed a nice lunch overlooking the river.  We both had chicken fried steak.  I don't usually get that when we go out, the wife's is much better than any I have had in a restaurant so why bother.  But I had read this place was ranked number one in the State of Texas for CFS (chicken fried steak).  Best in Texas?  Then that means in the world.  I had to see what the writer was so impressed by.  Meh, it was good, but certainly not the best I ever had in a restaurant.  I already knew it wouldn't be better than Kim's.  I think he was overcome by the ambience which this place has in spades.  It would be easy to do, especially if you had some adult beverages to muddy your thoughts.  We had fun anyway.

Much of my free time has been reading a new novel.  You can get details over here.  It's the fourth in a series.  I hope it's not the last, it really engages me, and would like to see it continue ad infinatum.  But know better.  I have been following Old NFO's blog for several years and enjoy it very much also.  Even though we have never met, I consider him a friend, as I do anyone that comes by here and comments.
Happy Trails




4 comments:

Harry Flashman said...

We try to get out once in awhile as well. Little day trips to this or that place in the mountains. Helps keep a person from getting bored.

Old NFO said...

Ahead of schedule is ALWAYS good...LOL Hope you're enjoying the book, and thanks for the nice words!

Randy said...

Harry Flashman-yes it is good, we don't get out as much lately but hope to be able to a little more soon.

Randy said...

Old NFO-yes, I enjoyed it very much, thanks