Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Great Weekend

The Labor Day weekend turned out pretty good even though the wife had to work most of it.  She made a little money and I got to watch some great college football.  There were some great games on tap for the official opening weekend.  My team even scored a huge upset.  While most of the money was against my team I had heard at least two national commentators say my team would score an upset.  Well, they did in grand fashion.  They led most of the game and even came from behind at one point eventually won in the second overtime.  What a fun game for a fan to watch.

The weather here has been really humid with a few sprinkles here and there helping to keep the humidity high.  No yard work for me this weekend but I put some chicken quarters on the grill for the wife and I to enjoy on Labor Day.  We also went over to a new taco place near us to see what they had to offer for breakfast.  Not bad at all.

I am finished at the Chiropractor.  He has done as much as he can at this point.  He was surprised he had made as much progress as he did.  The vertebrae that is out of alignment and has been for a looong time moved back into line some.  Not near enough but much more than he expected.  While I am not 'fixed' I do feel better and am more mobile and flexible than in years.  I just need to keep up with the exercises he gave me.  That is the biggest challenge for me, being consistent with exercise.  It's just stretching long dormant muscles more than exercising.  I have to not be a slacker on this.  Two of my neck vertebrae have spurs that are almost fused.  Keeping up with the stretching and range of motion moves will help put the inevitable off a while.  Actually they are so close they may already have started fusing.

Feeling better and trying to keep a positive outlook helps my disposition immensely. 

Happy Trails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Yes, DEFINITELY do the exercises, religiously even... That does help!