Friday, September 23, 2016

Good News

The doctor visit was surprisingly good.  My numbers were better than they have been in years.  Not sure why that is as I haven't been very diligent about exercise etc.  Actually have been a big potato the last year and a half.  The doc was really encouraged.  However, my good cholesterol was lower than it should be and of course the remedy is exercise.  It seems that is the remedy for everything.  I pretty much hate exercise.  

A friend of mine asked me to go to Victoria, Texas with him yesterday.  I said yes before I knew any details.  A nephew of his was speaking at a wild game dinner.  He had told me a little of his story before so I thought I would go, mostly to eat different things and also because he asked me to go.  It was much longer than I anticipated as it turned out to be a fund raiser for a local charity.  It ran longer than planned and by that time my back was screaming for relief.  I didn't get home 'til almost midnight.  I had to hit the Motrin in order to sleep at all.  Oh, the food was pretty good.  I now love Boudin.  Always wanted to try it and it's as good as I had hoped.  No idea what it was made from, that may be a good thing.  I didn't get to try any of the gator they had, it hadn't finished cooking by the time I finished eating.  The wild hog meat they had was some of the best I ever tasted.

It appears the weather here may be turning a little cooler this next week.  I sure hope so and we certainly can use some more rain, my yard is suffering as I have cut back watering due to 'predicted' rain.  If it doesn't come it really hurts as we are on permanent water restrictions which allows me to water once a week.

I an loving this new 4k TV.  I have spent several hours watching Utube videos that have 4k content.  They are all scenery type videos and I find myself lost in them.  One of the good things is, when it says it's a 'smart TV' evidently makes things easier to use.  even if your are technically challenged I would say you could work one of these with little trouble.

Y'all have a great weekend......Happy Trails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

That's great news on the doc visit. Sorry about the back though... And no, you don't want to know what's in boudin :-)