Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Work



With the weather being inclement or with the strong possibility of bad weather, it is not conducive to outside activities, but it is good for leather work.  Late Monday evening my order of leather arrived for the portfolio that was special ordered.  It is a really nice piece. 


It should be pretty straight forward, nothing real fancy just a shaded two color finish that could be problematic.  Can't afford to screw this one up with this special leather being as expensive as it is. 

Kim had received this order at the resort.  She told me they had ordered a 'legal size portfolio-the big one.'  That meant the 8.5" x 14" to me.  She runs and gets me a 'legal' size pad for sizing.  It is the 8.5" x 11 3/4" legal pad.  I question this and remind her she said 'the big-one.Well it says legal pad on there she says, wasn't aware there was another size.  She then says the lady didn't say 'the big-one.'  This was just her way of saying it wasn't a regular pad and to make sure that I understood the difference between legal 'the big one' and a regular size pad.  Fingers crossed.  You, remember the communication thing from Monday's post?  Exactly.  We now have a call in to verify what was meant by legal size since she wasn't aware that there were two legal sizes.  SMH.  Glad I didn't cut leather yet.  Pics when it's finished.
 
I was also able to finish up the knife sheaths for my friend and got those delivered.   



I got a bonus out of it.  He gave me more ammo than I had asked for.  Not bad at all this barter stuff.


Also finished up another couple wallets I had been working on off and on.  One traditional with a natural finish with buffalo hide interior.




Then this roper style with a different type of finish.  It wasn't turning out quite like I wanted and tried to salvage it and got this. 


 Kim really likes this one.  I probably would have done it over but she thinks that funky stain is pretty cool.  Almost like a distressed leather but not really.
 
Happy Trails

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

Those look GOOD! And smart to check on the actual size needed... A4 IS bigger!

CenTexTim said...

One nice thing about barter - no taxes!