Thursday, May 7, 2015

Things are Picking Up



Kim's adding that new resort to her work schedule has been paying off.  It hasn't quite taken the place of the loss at the other resort but we can't complain.  With that, comes more leather work quite suddenly.  It caught me a bit off guard.  I had started work on a couple more wallets for her to add to her inventory and my friend approached me about making the knife sheaths for his store.  That put the wallets down the list.  Kim came home Saturday night with an two custom orders.  One for a leather cigar case, they bought my last one and wanted another with their ranch brand.  Also a legal size portfolio with specific colors and personalization.  These move to the top of the list since I get full price.  I wasn't expecting any custom orders.  They aren't real frequent from folks I have never met.  Most has been from friends.  I put a lot of pressure on myself for these type orders.  It ramps up a bit more as I know I haven't been in top form lately.  But I needed the challenge.  

Need to order some new leather for that portfolio as I don't have what I need on hand.  While I am waiting for that order to arrive I can get one of those wallets finished up and out of the way, maybe both.  Pics when they are finished.

Here's some photos of one of the type scabbards I made. 





The knife is a Case full size Trapper.  I get to keep that as part of my payment for the scabbards.  Pretty nice deal for us both and I love Case knives.



Time to get back to work.

Happy Trails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

More work is good news! Glad the wife is getting more business back up!