Friday, May 1, 2015

Ever Have One of THOSE Days?

Well I did.  Everything I tried to do some little thing was just not quite right.  I started on one of those leather knife sheaths my friend wants to market in his store.  This is after the first one that was mildewed to badly to salvage.  This one got a bit of oxidation discoloring it.  Managed to make it less noticeable and thought it would be OK.  Every thing I did next just wasn't right.  I missed steps and also put other steps out of sequence.  Nothing I couldn't overcome easily, it just made things a little more difficult than it should have been.  Then I am just about to finish up and trim leather to the finished size and score the leather where I will need to stitch.  I proceeded to CUT along that line.  Sheesh.  OK I can make do.  I get that done and noticed that the entire sheath is bass ackwards.  Unless he wants a sheath for the left side this ain't gonna cut it.  It will just have to be a prototype he can see so he can make any changes he wants.

Then the Grands were here.  I just couldn't seem to get on the same page as they were.  Nothing I did seemed to be anything they liked, especially the boy.  They are great kids, sometimes things are just out of sorts.  The wife noticed it too.  She says it's because they don't come enough.  I have no idea.  I usually connect pretty well with most other kids all the time.  Not this time. 

I actually got them to help me do some yard work.  They did pretty well for their size and age.  It's not something I think they ever do.  They were happy that Poppy say fit that they earned a few dollars.
I told them they had to come back Saturday to help haul off the limbs they helped load and stack.  They didn't say a thing LOL.

Kids.

Once again I was up late watching my Spurs.  The game didn't start until almost 10 PM because it's on the left coast.  Once they get past these suckers maybe they won't have to go back, hopefully.

Happy Trails

Happy Trails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Yeah, we ALL get days like that... sigh... Just get up and go at it fresh the next day! :-)