Saturday, May 23, 2015

On Edge

As I write this at 9 PM Saturday evening I am awaiting Kim's arrival from the resort.  She was in an area that had a tornado warning issued about the time she was to leave.  Had been unable to reach her as she had her ringer turned down due to working.  Yes, I was a bit on edge.  I continued to call until she finally called me between calls.  She saw all the messages and she got a weather alert that told her to take cover.  Thank goodness for weatherbug app.  She hid out in an interior bathroom until the danger passed.  Not sure there ever was a tornado but glad she was safe at that time.  Now just to wait for her to navigate all the flash flooding that is sure to be happening.  I told her which route to take to be the most likely to have less high water.  But you never know, with this kind of rain we are having and the ground so saturated, places flood that don't normally.  The local news station is broadcasting weather info instead of the regular programming.  

Earlier there was a tornado warning in our area.  At least I didn't have to worry about Kim then.  

And my roof repairs did not work.  A more permanent solution will be needed soon.  Will have to figure out how that will be done.


2 comments:

Old NFO said...

Sometimes modern communications ARE a blessing!

CenTexTim said...

Hope you made it through the weekend safe, sound, and (relatively) dry.