Thursday, January 17, 2019

One Down

One doctor appointment down.  NO CANCER DETECTED.  That is always a relief.  Tomorrow, Friday, a trip to the opthamologist.  I will probably get a new prescription for glasses.  This past summer I could tell I wasn't seeing (reading mostly) things as clearly as I think I should.  I have been on the edge of a new prescription for the last couple visits.  So I will probably just do it and get new glasses.  I need to be able to read Old NFO's new books he has been working on.

Of course that is dependent on when my SSI starts.  I set it up to start in February.  However, the progress on the website has been stuck at 2/3 since November.  I don't know if that means the 'shut down' has furloughed the guys that work on applications or not.  K applied too, she got a phone call from Social Security with questions.  No one has called me.  We have put off several things waiting on this February.  Some of those may have to be moved again as it's getting crowded on that schedule.  Or longer of the shut down is the reason for a delay.  Oh well.