Monday, January 7, 2019

Free Week and Trolling the Son

I have nothing at all on the schedule/agenda for this week.  Well except for a blood draw this Wednesday prior to my visit with the Urologist to see where I am with my prostate cancer.  So I have started out just piddling around.  Worked on some leather.  The wife has seen some tooled leather shoes and thought that she needed some.  No, I don't make shoes.  She bought a pair of cheap ones she likes and I can remove the existing leather and attach a piece I have tooled.  That is in the process right now and may be finished by the end of the week.  It just depends on how much my hands hurt.  This hand pain is something very new.  Started this weekend.  It woke me up it was so intense.  Not the whole hand, just the backs and the back of my fingers.  Weird is what I call it.  I certainly haven't strained myself or banged them against something.  It's just weird.  No, I am not going to the doctor for that.  It comes and goes but never really leaves completely.

Also have been trying to clean up my disaster of a garage so I can try to fit that new vehicle in there.  Since it is a very dark color, dark burgundy, I don't want the sun damage I had on my Ranger.  It was black and never was in the garage.  The roof of the cab went dull and nothing I could do would get it to shine like the rest.  It was just dead paint.  I don't want that on this one since it was so freaking expensive.  

Son #2 informed us that he believes his first baby will come in a week and a half to two weeks.  This from a guy who has never been through this.  I almost laughed in his face at his naivete.  It is due on February 1.  It's a first child, they almost never come early.  But he says her symptoms have changed from almost none to having symptoms she should have had earlier.  That is his reasoning.  I just smile and let him talk.  He is less calm about this than I would have expected.  It's just fun to watch for us.  I did troll him last night by texting him and asking him where that baby is as it had been almost a week and a half.  He took the time to correct me about what he said, a week and a half to two weeks, so he still had time to be right.  He evidently couldn't tell I was trolling or just ignored me.  I am pretty sure it's the latter.  Ah Grasshopper, you shall learn...

Well I gotta get back to finding something to do with myself.


Happy Trails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

He's going to be in for a LOT of surprises... LOL