Monday, January 21, 2019

Checking In

I don't have much going on this week and really have nothing much to post here.  We do have an appointment with the Ford Dealer to have some minor repairs made on the new Explorer.  It had a cut in the upholstery that apparently was made with a very sharp knife/box cutter while taking the plastic covering off.  They will replace the entire seat cover.  If I had not sat in the back while the wife test drove I would never have seen it.  They didn't balk at all about getting it fixed.  There was also a very small ding in the side door.  If you didn't catch the light just right, you would never see it.  It looks like a very very small hail dent.  They can remove that dent very easily and will.  They have been very accommodating and I am very pleased with our treatment by this dealership and salesman.  The understand that with the price of these vehicles you deserve to have them perfect.

Depending on the weather, I may drag out my metal detector and go do some hunting.  I haven't used it much and finding a place to hunt that is open to a metal hunter is pretty hard.  Everything is private property around here.  Unless you can get permission (not likely) or have connections, you are restricted to hunting public parks.  That can also be a problem depending on the city ordinances.  I don't really have a location in mind.  I may just drive around a little and see if I can come up with a place to hunt/dig.  

The democrats.  It doesn't surprise me how they responded to the President.  He has given up some to get some, more than I would have given up.  But their hate for Trump outstrips their good sense.  They played the 'oh poor gov't. workers not getting paid' card.  Now they can't use that this time.  The President offered them a way out of their corner.  But they just made it even harder on themselves.  How do these people keep getting elected.  I was reading an article recently about how many folks are moving into Texas from Cali.  Specifically Travis County where Austin is located and the adjoining county to the south.  They listed numbers like 120/day.  PER DAY!  Not per month our year, per day.  That area is a libtard stronghold and always votes blue.  Those moving from Cali will just add to those numbers I am guessing.  At one point, our red state may be in danger of turning blue.  That thought just chills me to the bone.  But what are my options?  Limited at best.  Move?  Not likely.  I am getting too old and have too many health issues.  I don't want to have to start over with all new doctors and getting re-established with them.  Then there is family.  My elderly parents.  While they are still independent, the time is rapidly approaching they will be much less so.  Then there are the kids and Grandkids.  All out long time friends.  It just ain't gonna happen.  

I need a long road trip.

Happy Trails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Glad they're covering their screwups!

Re Austin, blame Compaq computers, they started that mess... sigh