Monday, July 3, 2017

Surprise

The squirrel hit again.  We had some rain and I think it dispersed the soap too much so I will spread some more today.  We also had another visitor that Buster got after.  A young Armadillo was rooting around the shrubs in back.  I have to say this was a young Armadillo and was really nice looking, until Buster got hold of his shell as he went under the fence.  No, he didn't get hurt.  He was half way under when Buster got hold of the back of his shell.  He wasn't going to be able to pull him out though.  I have tried to pull several out of a hole by their tale just as they were going in. Never did get one even pulling with all my weight.  Those guys are made to dig in the dirt and they have very powerful legs/claws/paws made for digging.  So Buster had no chance.  He got away although with some marks on his perfect shell.  Hope he has learned to stay away sp Buster doesn't get lucky and get him by the head.  No, I am positive that is not what got into the garden.  

The Texas Hill Country has a lot of Armadillos.  But for some reason where we live I have seen almost none in the 30 years we have been here.  So seeing this young one was a complete surprise.  
This is just a stock photo, I didn't get one of our visitor.  He walked right by me not worried at all. They don't see very well and aren't very fast.  I should have just grabbed him a put him over the fence.


I finished a leather scabbard for a Leatherman tool.  The guy that ordered it wants a second. However I want him to try this one out for a few days to see if I need to modify it any.  The tool fits in there really tight and will only be tighter when on the belt.  It is based on a knife scabbard I made for the same person.  


It's different from what I would have normally done.  I would have put a loop on the back for the belt instead of this style.  It made it a bit more difficult to fit it correctly but I like this style more.  It will be more stable for such a tight fit since there is no keeper flap on this one.  

Happy Trails

No comments: