Friday, July 7, 2017

Relief

I went to see the doctor Thursday morning.  FNP actually as all I do is go there for blood test results to see if my cancer has returned.  (I don't know why they can't just call me with the results instead of having me come in and pay a 40$ copay.....oh wait.)  For some reason I had a nagging feeling about this trip, not fear or real worry, just a little trepidation that the news would be bad.  There was no reason for that at all other than I have constant lower back pain and that is one of the symptoms of have prostate cancer that has spread.  Let me tell you, if it has gone that far, it is too late.  It goes straight to the bones and there is no cure for bone cancer.  Oh and the results were all good.  Two and a half years out from the surgery and I have a lot to be thankful for.  And yes there was some relief at the news.

A couple posts back I mentioned my Son (#2) was taking a rare vacation to Arizona of all places during the Summer.  It wasn't really a vacation (yet it was a much needed break from work).  He went to visit a young lady.  When he came back he brought her with him to meet us.  Hasn't known her long but it's pretty serious.  We both like her a lot, not that it really matters what we think.  It is all so surprising to us and they seem to be a really good match.  No, he won't get advice from us about slowing down with our history.  If we did that, we would be huge hypocrites.  I got engaged to my wife after knowing her for all of three months.  The wife told her friends after meeting me, we weren't even on a date but at a party, she was going to marry me.  She was a high school senior and wasn't very worldly at all, pretty naive you could say.  They are both smarter and much older than we were so they don't need advice from us.  We just are going to enjoy the ride.

Happy Trails

4 comments:

Sue in Oregon said...

Glad to hear about your good news. Regarding your son.....you are a wise Poppa!

Randy said...

Sue in Oregon-thank you so much and thanks for coming by

Old NFO said...

Good news, and good luck to the kids!

Harry Flashman said...

I met my wife in June and married her in December. Would have sooner but we had to go back to the states to get married, so I had to wait til I had a conference in Norfolk. That was in 1982.