Monday, February 27, 2017

Nothing Special

Today is my birthday.  Nothing spectacular will occur to mark the occasion.  That is how most of my birthdays are these days, just another in a long line of them.  I just hope there are a few more in my future and they will be relatively pain free.  We had plans to go visit my parents, they wanted to take me out to eat for lunch.  However a friend was in need and we deferred our lunch to help her out. 
Kim will be doing the actual helping this time as she needed a female presence.  I didn't hesitate at all to change our plans.  I don't mind at all.  I wish there was more I could do there.

A lot of close friends have been having a rough go of it of late.  Health problems are the abundance of those along with a few personal problems.  It just seems to come in waves and has been for awhile.
I try to encourage those as best I can and offer help where I can.  I even offer to baby sit young kids for those that have them and my need a break to go do things like errands or just get away.  I may be crazy, but I really enjoy being around young kids for a while.  I am talking those under 10 down to toddlers.  I find their joy and innocence refreshing and they make me feel good being around them. 
haven't really had to baby sit for a long time.  But I think I can manage, especially if Kim is here LOL.

Happy Trails

3 comments:

Old NFO said...

Happy Birthday! :-) Yes, we are getting to that age... sigh I can stand the kids for a couple of days, then they wear my old ass out! LOL

CenTexTim said...

"Today is my birthday."

Seriously?!? Feb. 27 is my birthday as well. Small world...

Happy Birthday from one old fart to another!

Randy said...

Old NFO-thanks

CenTex Tim- Thanks and back at ya