Thursday, February 2, 2017

Sluggish

We went over to my parents new house yesterday.  This is the first time I have seen it.  It is a nice house.  The thing I was shocked by was all the clutter.  It has been a week since most of the move was made.  There is quite a bit of clutter of things that have been piled up.  Not a big deal since they just moved.  But you would have to know my mother.  She is a neat/clean freak.  NOTHING is ever out of place or not sparkling clean.  The last two moves this clutter was not evident at all.  When we got there at nearly 11:00 am she still was not ready for the day.  That is very unusual also.  She looked worn out.  Dad?  He is 89 and doesn't move around too much.  I could tell of no ill effects of the move.

Mom has also been dealing with a lady that is buying a house from them.  It's my Dad's parents house that they inherited.  They sold this house and carried the note for the lady.  They have bent over backwards to help her since her husband left her holding the bag.  Long story short they need to rid themselves of this problem.  They will try to sell the note at a huge loss but relief from this burden will ease her stress.  I encouraged her to start the process now instead of waiting another month as she had planned.

We had gone over to see if we could help with some of the putting away of things.  But Mom had other ideas.  She was so tired all she wanted to do was visit.  So that we did.  For a few hours and then Dad decided he wanted to go out and eat (they don't eat at home hardly every) so up he got and headed to the door without so much as a 'see ya.'  He was singly focused on getting to the restaurant. 
So we headed home.  

I also had to have some blood drawn for an upcoming doctor appointment.  The regular diabetes check up.  I will also have to have several medications changed to different brands as my new pharmacy insurance does not cover the current ones I use.  That is a major PITB.  

After that blood draw Kim and I went had breakfast tacos at a place near downtown that I hadn't been to in about 40 years.  It had been a favorite of mine but we moved and it was to far.  We went by the area on our way to the parents and made the stop.  Glad we did, it was as good as I remember and the homemade tortillas were outstanding.  Brought back a lot of fond memories when I and a couple of friends would have a guys only taco breakfast there ever so often.

I am feeling physically sluggish today.  Just can't get moving much and when I do it doesn't last long. 
I got up ready to attack the yard work I had put off, or at least part of it.  It has turned off cold and windy and killed my mood altogether since I was sluggish anyway.  Maybe next week.

Happy Trails


3 comments:

Old NFO said...

Hope things get better for them, and for you. Agree on the weather though. Sluggish and cold is what I'm feeling up here.

Harry Flashman said...

Sounds like a lot to juggle all at once. I intentionally stayed on the opposite side of the country from my family, and then my wife's family moved right next to us.

Randy said...

Old NFO-Thanks

Harry-it's our life these days