Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Ugh

Moving day.  My youngest is moving from his apartment to a town home his Uncle has offered him.  Unfortunately due to vagaries of the Uncle's move he doesn't have much choice on when it happens.  Not to mention since he has given notice to the apartment complex he has to be out by July 1st.  He was hoping for more help than what he is getting.  Unfortunately for him, today is the first day he is able to move anything at all.  Being a week day, most of his help is working and can't be available to help.  Not to mention the heat of July.  So the wife and I are going to do what we can.  I am not looking forward to this with the heat and my back has been a mess for a month.  I am hoping that the work will snap my back into shape.  It's the heat and my sensitivity to it that I am most worried about.  Heat stress/stroke comes on without warning.  Fortunately today is supposed to be about 10 degrees cooler due to some showers that moved into the area last night.  No, we didn't get much/enough at all, just 0.10 of an inch.  So it will be cooler but the humidity will make up for that.

I see that DNC was in total chaos yesterday.  More lies coming home to roost for hildabeast.  I don't for second believe that the Russians are behind the leak of more damning emails.  The FBI claims also they think it's Russian hackers.  I call BS.  After the debacle of letting hildabeast off the hook I challenge the integrity of any finding when it comes to politics.

I am totally disgusted by the whole mess.  So I have been trying to just worry about what I can control in my own little sphere and not get caught up in all the other garbage that goes on in the world.  Then Sunday our preacher had a great sermon, and reminded me about letting my light shine as a christian as we are taught in the book of Matthew.  That doesn't work to well with my idea of withdrawing from most of society.  I will have to work on that and my attitude.  But, I will stay locked and loaded at all times to protect my loved ones.

Happy Trails

1 comment:

Harry Flashman said...

I help my kids when they move, and it's horrible. First it's a long drive, then , like you, I don't need to be lifting things anymore. But I still try to help.

I concur with all your thoughts on the current political scene.

You're better off not mixing too much with other people. Let the light shine on you and your family, that's enough coverage.