Wednesday, July 27, 2016

I Survived

My youngest son's move that is.  Actually we just did some preliminary stuff.  Boxes (a lot of boxes) and a few pieces of furniture.  They were moved into his garage only.  He has some things that need to be done to the place he is moving to before he moves everything in.  Some painting and carpets cleaned etc.  The big move happens this Saturday and he will have more capable help than me then.  I will sit that one out. 

I have been trying to deal with our wireless phone provider.  It appears that they were going to bill me for an extra 6G of data when I upgraded to my new smartphone.  Nope, we didn't sign up for anything other than the new phone.  It has taken 3 tries to verify that the bill has been corrected.  Only a certain person, the account manager, can inquire about billing.  For that you have to have a PIN that I have no idea what it is.  Oh it gets much more complicated and you get different answers from different people that all work at the same place.  It is a hair pulling nightmare.  Most times I don't let things like that bother me as I know what it's like to deal with the public as that was part of what I did for a living.  They are just trying to do their job and I realize that and have a ton of patience in that regard.  But when I get conflicting information and no straight answers I start to get tight in the jaws.  It's good they have an online chat method of dealing with them, they would have heard me shouting in a not so nice tone otherwise.  Incompetence I have very little patience for.  I finally had to have the wife get it straightened out after I gave her all the details (and she is the account manager that also doesn't remember the PIN).  It finally got resolved with little issue for her when she got through.

As for the new smartphone, it's OK.  I don't use it much so I don't use any data.  The app for my hearing aids works well and is really the main reason I got it.  When folks call once in a blue moon,  the call comes right into my hearing aids via Bluetooth.  Even the ringer is only in my ears, no one else hears it.  I have used the camera once or twice.  There are some things the camera does that I haven't figured out yet, but I haven't tried to do that either.  No, no pokemon thing for me despite my Granddaughter saying I should have it.  She was flabbergasted that I didn't want to play pokemon with her.  Everyone plays pokemon is what it seems like, at least to her.  Found out they called my youngest son, their Uncle, to ask him to play with them.  He couldn't say no, the pansy lol.

Happy Trails


2 comments:

Old NFO said...

Oh yeah, dealing with incompetence is the norm these days... Glad you didn't blow your top! Lemme guess... Verizon...

CenTexTim said...

I got roped into helping my nephew move a while back - mainly because I have a truck. Not fun...