Friday, July 29, 2016

Thursday

It appears that the youngest will actually move into his new place Friday instead of Saturday.  He is also able to get enough help and vehicles to get it done even a day earlier.  Some that would not have been available Saturday will be able to on Friday, so there my actually be more help then originally expected.  It makes me feel less guilty not helping.

While I survived the things we moved Wednesday, I did have some issues that night.  I was awakened by sharp pains in the area where my surgical incisions were made.  Not sure why that was as I had none of that from moving my parents a year ago.  By the time morning rolled around it had subsided and was back to normal.  I don't know.  Maybe it was the Russians!  My back actually feels a bit better than it had before the move.  So my idea that it might help was partially correct.

The wife has been over at his new place a couple times doing some cleaning for him.  She says a bunch of folks from his office turned out and really pitched in with the cleaning.  She was duly impressed by their attitude and actions.  This also reflects well on the boy, that they would take their personal time and pitch in for him.

Since we won't be anything but in the way Friday I am cooking some pork for tacos today to feed the bunch of workers that will be there to help move.  Think spicy pulled pork in a flour tortilla with my own home made pico de gallo (beak of the rooster).  A standard side to be used on the taco.  Home grown tomatoes and jalapenos, some onion and cilantro, a little salt and lime juice all diced up and mixed together.  Pretty simple but very tasty and adds to the taco.

Happy Trails


2 comments:

Old NFO said...

Friends like that are great! :-)

Harry Flashman said...

By God, I bet it was the Russians! Damn their temerity!

I have the same problem you do. Work that I have to do, which I should absolutely not be doing .But the only alternative is to move to a condo or an apartment, where I feel like I would surely die. Just not my lifestyle.

Glad your boy is getting moved and getting everything all squared away.