Thursday, July 21, 2016

It's Almost Over

The end of the RNC is finally in sight.  I have had a passing interest in a little of it.  Have seen a few moments is all.  I did see a recording of Ted Cruz' speech, the one that seemed to upset a lot of folks.  I thought the speech itself was what I have come to expect from him, heavy on conservative principles.  I was surprised at the rancor his speech seems to have caused among the Trump 'faithful.'
It seems they were expecting an endorsement of Trump and when they didn't get what they wanted they acted just like Trump does.  Would his endorsement make any difference in how this will turn out anyway?

Look, I get it, we can't as a nation afford to have hildabeast win this election.  We are pretty much left with no alternative.  Voting Libertarian is a vote for the beast since they have no chance.  I understand where Cruz is coming from.  He has more principles than any politician I have ever seen and stands on them.  How can you expect a man to endorse someone that has repeatedly attacked his family, his wife and father (linking him to JFK's assassination).  No apology has ever been offered, it seems to be considered politics as usual.  The Trump supporters think he should just 'get over it.' He didn't attack Trump at all.  Trump knew beforehand there would be no endorsement.  I don't really understand the outrage....at all.  Without expecting an endorsement, it was a brilliant speech.  

I have said here before what I think about Trump, so I won't repeat that, my feelings haven't changed.  I doubt they ever will.  You can't change the horses spots.  Yes I think we will be safer under Trump the Hillary, but that doesn't make it much easier for me.

This is definitely a case of voting for the lesser of two HUGE evils.  I don't think it has ever been more clear.  But voting for evil is still evil.  I will do just a Cruz suggested, vote my conscience.  How can anyone not do the same?

On another vein, I saw where Matt Lauer asked Trump if he would ask the speakers at the RNC to tone down the rhetoric.  It seems he is shocked at what he is hearing from them and thinks it's hateful.  How do you expect Trump to tone down anything?  It seems the left is not used to hearing from Republicans the same thing they spout every day.  Get used to it, that's all you will hear from Trump this campaign.  A little dose of the medicine they have been dishing as long as I can remember.  What an idiot.

I am also surprised there hasn't been more violence in the streets of Cleveland.  I expected a blood bath.  It's hard to find any reporting on it, it's there but not the usual coverage with the left leaning media.  Not sure why as they tend to feed of that sort of 'news.'  I have some ideas why but they aren't real clear in my head at the moment.  Maybe they are embarrassed by what they see from the left leaning protestors.  Nah, they always spin that to their benefit.  Maybe it's not bloody enough to waste their time with.





1 comment:

Harry Flashman said...

Cruz gave his word to support Trump if Trump won the endorsement. But his speech encouraged people to "vote their conscience" which was a clear signal that Cruz did not think people should vote for Trump. He used the platform to subtly attack Trump in his speech.

The next day, at a meeting with the delegates from Texas, Cruz said that he did not say a single word bad about Trump. He then went on a screed about how he saw Trump supporters booing him for not supporting "extreme" views expressed by Trump , and how he, Ted Cruz "had to wonder about the moral values of these people."

When a black lady stood up and asked him why he did not keep his pledge to support Trump, he ranted about that not being a blanket promise to support someone who said bad things about his family. Yet I recall some of the things Cruz said and he has no room to talk.

It's all politics. Cruz is a career politician, and therefore not obliged to keep his word, at least in his view.

I enjoyed seeing the American communist set himself on fire while trying to burn the flag. Too bad the didn't go up in smoke.