Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Voted

We went and voted in the Texas Primaries today (Tuesday).  We don't generally vote the primaries.  We have in the past but it's not a regular thing.  This one was too important to miss.  Evidently many others felt the same way.  We were in line for an hour and a half.  Traditionally the primary gets a low turnout.  I believe they will set a record for participation this time in our county.  

I believe most people are seeing the problems we are facing and want to vote more now than recent in history.  Some want to return to the core values that made America what it 'was.'  Others hearing what is coming from the other side are scared the other side may get their way and are also turning out to keep what we have now.  One thing for sure, of all the bad that obama has caused he has had a huge effect on the voter participation.  

I even signed up to attend a party convention after the polls closed.  I have never been to one and am not real sure what goes on in there.  Maybe voicing my concerns there may have some effect also.  I got a chuckle and a 'no comment' comment from one of the election judges when she asked me which party I was voting for.  I used a disparaging name that has become common for that party.  

I probably won't go, I really don't want to be identified as being a member of that party since they have abandoned core values and have become the go along to get along party.  Not to mention all the solicitation for donations via mail and phone.  That really aggravates the fire out of me.  If I donate I will donate directly to the candidate, not the party.

Happy Trails

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

The turnout up here was high too. And I agree, it's not the party as much as it is the person.

CenTexTim said...

Wow - 1 1/2 hours!?! I thought my wait was bad - about 15 minutes. But that is a lot for where I vote. First time in at least 15 years that the line went out the door.