Friday, March 25, 2016

Leather

A few of the small things Kim wanted made.  Leather cuffs that go along with her jewelry making.





Have gotten a couple orders for cell phone cases.  Smart phones.  I almost always make these from kits since I can't get the phones for sizing them for a custom fit.  Kits kill most of my profit.  I don't make many of these and there are so many different phones and sizes I don't seem to have a pattern for the one that the customer has asked for.  It wouldn't be cost beneficial to purchase every kit available to have a ready pattern on hand for every incarnation of a cell/smart phone.  

I rarely if ever get a second request/order for the patterns I do have.  So unless the phone will fit a current pattern I have on hand I resort to a kit.  The trade off is I get them done quicker as I don't have to measure and cut leather, unless I screw up LOL.  It has happened and will again.

We just went to the leather shop last week.  Another trip will be need to be made sooner than we had anticipated.  Kim has been so busy with the crafts at the resort she hasn't even taken the usual items to sell, i.e her jewelry and my leather.  Hard to justify another trip to the leather store when nothing is selling.  The last wallets I made haven't even seen the light of day.  She promised to try and sell some the rest of this week.  Hope she does well either way, but I ain't earning my keep if my leather doesn't sell.  It could be worse.

Happy Trails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Those look good, and I'm betting they will sell well!