Friday, March 18, 2016

Not Too Bad



Kim has been hitting it pretty hard with her business.  She is so focused on doing as well as she can during this Spring Break.  She loses track sometimes she gets so intent on the task at hand.  That leaves me to be the chief cook and bottle washer.  Not a big deal, I just need to figure out what to cook and when.  I really don't do any bottle washing. 

I found a couple racks of baby back ribs in the freezer.  We had bought them a while back to have on hand for a family in need or a special occasion.  They had been in there for a while and I figgered it was time to get them on the grill.  Plus, two racks would last the two of us a couple days and relieve the cook from some duties.  See what I did there?

I get the ribs rubbed down and the pit started.  Kim heads out the door about the same time.  When the pit got good and smoky the ribs were added.  About an hour into the smoking my phone rings and I notice it was Kim.  It would either be a question about my leather for a customer or something I don't really want to guess about.  It is usually not good.

She asks me to go look for a box that she is supposed to have with her and can't find it.  She is very specific as to where this box would be.  It ain't there.  I can hear the frustration in her voice as she could in mine.  I reminded her I had meat on the grill and didn't have time for this.  'This' being a trip over to the resort to bring her the missing items.  It normally wouldn't be a big deal but she was at the resort that is at least a 45 minute drive to get to, if the traffic was good-and it never is.  As I'm talking to her I see the box she is wanting but she says that's OK I'll just do without.  This is part of her biggest money maker.  So I tell her I am bringing them and be ready to come out and get them as I drive in.  Stoked the fire a little more than usual, hoping it would be good until I got back. 

Round trip of almost 2 hours and the pit is still reasonably warm.  The drive over was long enough for to me to cool off and be pleasant when I dropped off.  There has to be a joke in there somewhere but it escapes me at the moment.  This wasn't the first time this has happened, or even the third, and I'm sure it won't be the last.

The ribs?  They turned out pretty good after all.  And I am still breathing and unbruised.

Happy Trails.

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

So all in all, a win all the way around! :-)

CenTexTim said...

When it comes to ribs, low and slow is good... as is breathing and unbruised.