Monday, March 28, 2016

A Long Two Weeks



Spring Break is finally over.  It was the busiest time for Kim that she has had in some time.  She worked almost every day at one or both resorts where she plies her crafts for the guests.  Successful, yet very wearing on the mind and body.  Glad its over. 

Things in general got put on hold until we were through this.  We weren't even able to make any plans for any sort of Easter fun with the kids or other family.  So we didn't do anything except the usual Sunday church attendance.  We almost always also take one or several day trips around the area to see the explosion of wildflowers.  If  you haven't been to this part of Texas, that is a big deal here.  You will see families pulled over on the side of the road taking various types of posed photos in a large patch of Bluebonnets, the State Flower.   


 Can you see the Lone Star in the one above?

We will head out sometime this week and try to get our own photos.

I have several orders for leather items, a couple phone cases.  I will need to make another trip over to the leather supply house.  Cha-ching.  We also have a pending plan to meet the Grand-kids at the zoo in town.  We have a pretty good zoo.  It's been quite a few years since I've been and they have made some really cool additions.  There are two exhibits I'm curious about.  There are two large enclosures that you can actually go into.  One houses birds that will land on you hoping to get a freebie and a similar one of butterflies.  Do I have to hand in my Man Card?  I'm looking forward to it.

Wednesday is the day my parents move out of their 'facility/apartment' back over to the side of town they were from.  I am NOT looking forward to this.  No, there will be no need for my help again.  They are having the entire thing hired out, a good thing for all our sanity.  The move in general and why it came about, not so much.  Actually very irritated about it.  Especially now that they are having some second thoughts.  Kim and I have avoided talking about it.  That is until last night on the way home from church.  We both vented our feelings a frustrations to each other.  I could write a book about how I feel and why.  I'll spare you.  You're welcome.

Looking forward to a fun week, if I can keep thoughts about the folks move at bay.  Yeah, I can.

Happy Trails

3 comments:

Old NFO said...

Pretty pictures! And a 'good' Southern zoo also has cooking instructions on the cages...LOL

Randy said...

LOL no cooking instructions on these, us natives know through our dna

CenTexTim said...

I've spent the last week or so driving between Bergheim and Burnet. The Bluebonnets and Indian Paintbrushes are popping out like mad.

If you get a chance check out Willow City Loop.

Beautiful drive when the wildflowers are blooming.