Thursday, March 10, 2016

Trip to the Post Office



First off, I don't regularly go to the Post Office.  So I am not real familiar with how things work inside.  In fact I had never been inside this one.  Everyone I have been to has been a little different in how they operate.  Kim is the one that usually has things to ship so she handles it.

We got a notice on our door about a parcel that they tried to deliver but it needed a signature and left a slip on our door.  We had gone into town and were actually near the Post Office.  We weren't really expecting a package and weren't sure what it was.  I had placed an order earlier in the week but they had told me they would send notification of shipment and a tracking number, which I had not gotten yet.  I suspected they had not sent it and this was the package.  This slip said to pick up my package at our post office.  It had an option for redeliver and you could go online to enter your info and get it the next day.  IF you can read the tracking number. 

This location Kim had talked bad about before so I was already expecting the worst.  Inside it was fairly simple.  4 windows with a counter in the center that everyone lined up at to wait service.  There are about 10 folks in line.  I have been in line a few minutes and I notice another window in another part of the building with a sign 'QUICK SERVICE WINDOW' with another smaller sign 'PICK UP MAIL HERE.'   Does that include me?  I see about 4 people in line there and they all had packages and mail, not looking like they were picking up.  None of them had a pick up notice like I had.  Hmmm.  Maybe they are waiting access to the PO boxes since they are right next to that window. 

I continue in the line I am in and finally with just two folks in front of me and the guy behind the window notices the slip I am holding and tells me that parcel pick up is in the "QUICK SERVICE LINE,'  He could only do retail and wouldn't help me. 

Great, I get put at the back of that line that hasn't moved in 20 minutes with 5 people in line.  I loudly voice my displeasure and how appropriate signs would help.  He just smiled.  Quick service my @$$.  They really seem to have issues finding your mail/packages at that 'QUICK' window.  

Finally got my package, along with the bonus of almost getting to see a 'cat fight' between two ladies at the same window.  Evidently the lady in front was taking too long for the one behind her and voiced her opinion.  The one in front responded in a not too friendly manner telling her rather sternly to BACK OFF.  Nope, no cat fight.  Might have made the trip more pleasant.

Happy Trails

No comments: