Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Emotional Weekend



This past weekend was very emotional for me, and also for Kim.  I am pretty emotional as it is anyway.  I manage to keep a lid on letting them show most of the time.  This weekend it was hard to do that.  Because of my emotions, I sometimes am misunderstood in what I was trying to convey.  It can cause some tension until I can get it sorted out.  Something I really need to work on.  A friend at church also lost her battle with cancer.  We had just reconnected with her after 35 years.  Seeing her fade away was hard, especially knowing the end was probably near.  She was positive and matter of fact until the end.  I believe she had Peace.  Her husband is devastated, understandably.  Her funeral will be Saturday.  We may be part of a group that will sing.  That is always especially hard on the emotions.

One other frustrating bit of news also came our way this weekend.  Mom had decided that after less than 4 months they will be moving out of their 'apartment' and moving back to the side of town where they have spent their entire lives.  It wasn't a real surprise knowing my mother, but so soon and for the reason that pushed her over the edge....well maybe not after all as I think about it.  They were visited by the Director of the complex and were told they had had complaints about their dog barking.  One of the reasons they moved to this place was that they were dog friendly.  I don't know how much the dog barked, I only heard it few times.  A little yappy bark.  Mostly at other dogs, which was the case here.  Mom had no idea to even try to train the dog to bark less.  It seems to me it was the one thing in a number of complaints she had about moving, that pushed her over the edge.  It was the excuse she was looking for.  It is a longer story, they will move in 3 weeks.  Where?  Why into the house my cousin vacated when she bought theirs.  She seemed to be giddy with excitement about moving back 'home,' to their side of town.  Hopefully the move won't be as stressful or take as long as the last one since they have disposed of a lot of stuff.  Don't get me wrong, they still have way too much stuff, but at least it isn't scattered all over and is a little more organized.  Hopefully most everything they have will be moved by someone else this time.  I don't know how she will handle living within blocks of the house that was her dream home that she put so much into, and seeing my cousin living there and not her.  I am sure she will have mixed emotions at times.

Another week with a lot of little things that need to get done.  Kim's car needs a tire fixed so it will get taken in and repairs will get done along with a rotation of the rest of the tires.  Kim will be taking another friend from church to the hospital for more tests.  This is a regular occurrence.  It is something Kim and I, mostly Kim, don't mind doing and feel we should help others when we can.  I say mostly Kim, because most of these are ladies that prefer having Kim as a buddy to go with.  Most of us men are just not equipped for that sort of thing, but I will if I can.

Happy Trails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

That's gotta be hard... On many counts.