Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Realization



I started this blog as a way of helping me remember various events during the approach and aftermath of my prostate cancer surgery.  An online journal so too speak.  I hoped to help others that may be facing this situation also and encourage others to get regular prostate screenings.  It has helped me order my random thoughts on various subjects also.  I have appreciated all that have come by to read whether you commented or not.  I never expected much feedback.  Since I have a pretty hum drum existence, I am honored you thought my blog worthy of your valuable time.  There have been a couple regular commenters and I am certainly grateful for your feed back.  I feel we have gotten to know each other pretty well, even though we have never met face to face.  I am always grateful for new friends.

I know I have also been struggling with content here on the blog.  It has always been pretty mundane, but lately it has suffered greatly.  I notice myself spending a lot of time wondering what I will blog about everyday.  It just hasn't come naturally.  If you have been coming by a while I am sure you have noticed things have gone South.  I don't want this to be a chore for you and I certainly don't want it for myself.  I have felt like it is an obligation at times.  Not what I intended at all.  I find myself looking to see who come by and what they had to say, feeding my ego.  Then being disappointed when no one came by etc.  I don't know how I got to that point.  I know better.

Consequently I will not try to post something everyday.  I will only post from now on when I have something I truly want to remember or make a comment about.  Something that may be in my mind that needs to have the thoughts clarified and set in order.  Writing them down helps with that.  I have no real idea how often I will post.  Every few days, once a week, a couple times a month?  I really don't know.  I could find things to post that aren't mine, or a lot of funny photos I find on the www.  But that's not really me even though I am guilty of doing that on occasion. 

So as of today, posting here will be sporadic.  I don't want you to waste your time with a blog that doesn't change very much if you have been a daily visitor.  I will continue with all the blogs I visit as that is just part of my day and I enjoy reading them and commenting on occasion.  I hope you have enjoyed coming by, I have enjoyed your presence.  Come by when you can, I am always happy about that.

Happy Trails

3 comments:

Old NFO said...

Post when you want, and what you want... It's YOUR blog, not ours! :-)

CenTexTim said...

+1 NFO.

P.S. - re: your parents moving out. Tell your Mom to throw a few wild parties. That may also hasten their exit... :-)

Randy said...

Thanks fellas for all your encouraging words. The funny stuff you say is/was good too.