Monday, February 22, 2016

Weekend



Saturday we attended a funeral.  Actually it was a memorial service for a friend that passed away earlier.  We had been asked to sing as part of it.  As it happens, the song was one I had never heard before.  I don't read music so I was at a huge disadvantage.  It was a bit harder than most songs I am able to sing.  It takes me several times through before I can get to a point it is recognizable.  Quite a bit more times for this one.  I bowed out and the more talented did a great job with it.  Good decision on my part.  It was a very long service, but it was not a very sad one.  More of a celebration of a life.  I want happy thoughts when it's my turn.

My Mom and Dad won't be let out of their lease early as they had hoped after the dog barking complaint issue.  They found out they only received one complaint but the person that met with them made it seem like there were multiple complaints.  Mom even said they were trying to intimidate them also by saying they may get kicked out.  When they were home they attempted to keep the dog quiet.  Since they denied letting them out of their lease, they don't even try to hush the dog now.  They hope that they will be kicked out now lol.  What a rebel.

Sunday was Kim's birthday. I won't mention how old she is.  I'm not ready for my funeral yet.  The youngest son showed up unexpectedly.  We went to lunch with him, that made Kim happy.  We plan on a nice supper in town sometime this week to celebrate both our birthdays since mine is Friday.  The oldest son and his family are playing in the cold white stuff in Colorado.  We won't see our Granddaughter, who shares a birthday with Kim.  No other fun is planned for this week, just to many things in the way.

Happy Trails


No comments: