Wednesday, February 17, 2016

That Didn't Take Long



I have waited a few days to see how things shake out with the death of Supreme Court Justice Scalia.  It didn't take but hours for the posturing and politicizing of his death began.  I don't know who fired the first shots but Senator Mitch McConnell was the first that I read about.  A first strike or preemptive maneuver it seems.  Most everyone knows that the republicants want the next President to nominate the person to fill the vacancy left by Scalia's death.  I was more than a little surprised that it was McConnell that seemed be the first to speak up.  He is one of the worst at caving to the left/democrats, so what he says has little substance.  No idea his motivation, there has to be some ulterior motive in his actions.  We may never know really.  I don't have much faith in anything the republicants say they will do anyway. 

The first article I read about Scalia's passing I made the mistake of reading the comments at the end of the story.  I can't say I am shocked at all, it was more disgusting than shock or surprise.  Almost every single comment was ugly and hate filled.  This obviously from left wing folks that are supposedly the 'tolerant' and loving people.  They reminded me of the muslim's we all saw video's of dancing and celebrating after 9/11.  I don't see much difference, celebrating a person's untimely demise due to differences of opinion.  Yes it goes much deeper with the muslim's I realize that.  But the vitriol that was spewing forth was the most shocking and disheartening.  It was hard to see that from fellow Americans, wishing those things on a person that served his country his whole life.  They couldn't even have a kind thought for the distraught family.  Disgusting.

I have even read about the supposed conspiracies that are coming out about the way his remains have been handled.  The no autopsy is disturbing to say the least.  We may never know now but these theories will keep growing.  Wasn't surprised by this either.

I rarely have and I can't ever remember agreeing with any action obama has taken, but I believe he has the right to proceed with submitting a nomination.  This garbage about letting it wait for the next President, so it becomes the 'people's choice' is just rhetoric.  Trying to gain the advantage and put pressure on to get their viewpoint as the 'favored' viewpoint.  But you probably already know that.  Just to be clear, the idea that obama appointing the next Supreme Court justice is terrifying.  I don't want it to happen.  But it is his right and duty as President.  It is up to the Senate to work it out finally and we know how crappy of a job they do. I know full well the implications of having a liberal majority on the court.  As disappointing as it has been the last couple years, I think it will be more than devastating to the American way of life if it happens.

I think this will get really ugly and will become a huge campaign issue.  

Happy Trails

No comments: