Monday, April 1, 2019

Garden, Leather, and Ouch

I finally got some tomato plants in the ground late last week and now we have another very windy cold front come through.  I am already late planting by at least 2 weeks.  This cold weather will slow the progress.  It is supposed to be in the 30's by Tuesday morning.  It's been a very strange winter.  I am gonna get some mulch to put in there and see if that helps with the weed prevention.  I hate pulling weeds.

I finished a wallet a friend wanted made for him and another I donated to our fundraiser auction.  




The fundraiser we volunteered at went exceedingly well Saturday night.  The goal was to raise 50K.  More than double that total was donated at this event, through a silent auction, a live auction, dessert dash, purchase now items and sponsorships and donations.  There were only 156 tickets were sold.  Yet the generosity of a so few speaks for how worthy this cause is.  It was fun to watch the live auction and see a few heavy hitters compete for some very expensive hunting trips.  One in Africa and another in Argentina.  As I mentioned in the previous post, 100% of the funds raised go to help Christian families adopt children so they may be raised in a Christian environment.  It is a very worthy cause, https://www.facebook.com/sacredselectionstxhc/  I was glad we could play a small part in this.  The small items we donated even sold. 

Last Saturday, I took a tumble and landed on the concrete on my ribs.  It happened so fast I couldn't catch myself with my hands.  I have been paying the price all week.  I don't think I broke any ribs but they may be bruised or even cracked.  I have been hitting the ibuprofen 24/7.  Coughing or sneezing was the worst and I seem to have an overabundance of that during that time.  It is finally starting to feel less sore.  It could have been much worse.

Happy Trails


1 comment:

Old NFO said...

That's great news, kudos to those who donated, and those who ponied up the $$$!