Monday, April 29, 2019

Forgetful

With all the things going on last week I missed an appointment to have my blood drawn for an upcoming doctor appointment on Wednesday.  They didn't call to remind me like they usually do and I didn't get one of the little business cards with my appointment on it.  They would squeeze me in early Monday morning in order to still get to my appointment.  That meant I had to be there at 8 AM.  8 AM is not a problem other than having to navigate the heavy traffic.  It's a 20 minute trip when not rush hour.  I left an hour early so as not to be late.  I hate being late.  I wasn't late by a long shot, I had to spend some time in the car waiting for them to open.  I was there 40 minutes early, but you can never tell with the traffic in this area.  Tomorrow I might not make it in time with an hour lead time.  

I will have the doctor check my hernia that I had repaired just over a year ago.  I am experiencing the same sort of pain I had before it was repaired.  I don't think that is supposed to happen, and I have been very careful about lifting too heavy a load.  It's just bothersome and I want to see if there may be something else going on.  He will review the blood results and see where we go from here.  I go to the doctor more than I want, but I don't really have a choice if I want to keep a semblance of health.  It's like they say, " if I knew I was going to live so long, I would have taken better care of myself."  Now I'm paying the price.

At some point today, if I can muster the energy I want to get out and try to knock the bugs off the Explorer.  The trip to Abilene was a bug/butterfly killing trip.  It will take some elbow grease but I gotta get that off.  

Happy Trails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Yeah, going into the 'city' is always playing Russian roulette with the time to get anywhere... sigh