Saturday, April 20, 2019

Easter Weekend-Last Minute Plans

Last minute plans have been made for this weekend.  We didn't even think about doing anything until Thursday.  None of the kids contacted us about it so it was sort of out of our focus.  We contacted them that evening to see what their plans were.  They were all ready to do whatever we wanted.  Although we will have to be squeezed in with one of their in-laws plans.  So a brisket I had in the freezer started it's defrost.  This one is a 'prime brisket.  I usually buy the cheaper fatty cuts and have always had great success.  So I am very curious how this cut will be.  I am also trying a new 'rub' I got from Cooper's BBQ in Llano.  I don't usually even change my rubs but this one was interesting since the BBQ we had there was very good.  So I am giving it a try with my method of cooking it.



My Bad, but I forgot my parents.  They usually have plans with my Brother and his family or my cousin that lives nearby.  I called Friday morning and they had no plans so will join us Sunday.  So the last minute plans is turning out to be a family gathering.  These usually take more time to plan, so I hope all goes well.

We are dogsitting Son#2's Border/Aussie mix today while they head to a renaissance festival near Austin.  They get to go play while I slave to entertain them.  What is wrong with this picture?  It's really no big deal but I did try to lay the guilt trip on them to no avail lol.  They know me too well.
Keeping the dog all day will be interesting as we have been dogless for almost a month since the passing of Buster.  This is a very energetic dog and he lives in condo with no yard, so coming here to run freely should be a real treat for him.  I plan on it being a treat for us also.  It's been pretty strange being dogless after 15 years.

Happy Trails


1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Happy Easter! Enjoy the time with family!