Friday, April 5, 2019

It's FRIDAY!!!


I hope everyone has a great Friday and weekend.  When you are retired Friday's aren't a big deal anymore.  Every day is Friday or Saturday.  Actually we aren't as likely to 'go and do' on a Friday as we would be another day.  This area has exploded with more and more folks and the traffic on Fridays is the worst of any day.  It is bad all day long, not just the rush hour.  But we did go out this morning as I had some lab work done (blood draw) for my 6 month check up.  I have to go fasting so the wife and I went to breakfast after.  The place we like to go is pretty small and we got the only table available.  MMMMM tacos.  

We are awaiting the arrival of Son#2 and family.  They want to have a 'date day' and we are going to baby sit the new Granddaughter.  It will be the first time she has been here without the people she lives with.  I am hoping to interact with her more.  She is a little older and is responding more and there will be no others to have to share her with.  

The Oak pollen and tassels are inundating us.  K's car looks really bad with all the pollen on it.  The tassels cover the ground.  I did a little yard work in the back and used the blower to get the tassels off the patio and walkway.  I got that junk all over me.  I forgot to wear a mask like I usually do when the pollen is so heavy.  Cutting the grass kicks it up even more

K had an issue with her car this week.  We have had great luck with this CRV, no problems whatsoever.  Her check engine light came on.  She was out when it happened and called me a little worried.  She also said it smelled hot.  I would not have normally worried about it until she said it smelled hot.  So I followed her over to the dealer that was very close.  They got a couple trouble codes that indicated what 'might' be wrong.  It was running too lean and the catalytic converter may have issues.  I knew that often the check engine light could indicate and exhaust type problem including all the various sensors related.  Or the gas cap is not fitted on right.  They wanted me to replace that thing to the tune of 1800$  What!!  I decided I would take my chances and just leave it alone since it was driving and running fine.  I did have them replace an axle seal that was leaking and align the wheels since I could see some wear on the tires.  We got it home with no issues.  I did some research and the check engine light has about 3 ways it displays and they each mean something different.  Steady burning-get it checked soon.  Flashing-stop, turn off engine and tow it to the dealer to prevent engine damage.  Intermittent slow flash, I don't remember this one.  They say the steady burn (which is what we had) usually indicates a computer issue or sensor and needs to be reset.  Resetting it was as simple as finding the appropriate fuse and removing it for a few minutes.  It worked.  No more light and we have driven it around with no change.  Maybe I got lucky and will save some $$ this time.  

Happy Trails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Heard that on the oak tassels... sigh... And there are cheaper catalytic converters that are bolt in replacements that aren't $1800!!!