Friday, March 29, 2019

Day Trip With the Grandkids

We needed a break from being in the house.  So we asked the Grandkids to accompany us to go see wildflowers.  They also spent the night with us last night.  It was very welcome to help end the lonely silence.  We headed North, deeper into the Texas Hill Country.  We have a few favorite places we usually go, almost every year.  This year our hopes were pretty high as we had heard that this was going to be the best year for wildflowers in 30 years.  The one they refer to from 30 years ago I had never seen prior or since.  It was epic.  There have been a few really good years since then and a lot not so good.  The last 5 years have been almost a bust.  We were prepared to enjoy a great year.  I knew I should temper my expectations but let them get too high.  I was somewhat disappointed in general.  The wildflowers were good, but not even close to the epic one or some of the great ones since then.  I really didn't even take many pics like I usually do.  One bonus was I found a very small patch of the very rare white Bluebonnet.  I had never seen one in the wild before.



It was a much needed trip and we had fun and the grandkids made it even better.  They even put up with our crazy sing along.  

On the way home we stopped at the vet's office as they had Buster's remains ready.  We got this little clay mold that I really appreciated.  


And he rests in a special place that was a favorite of his and mine.  

OK, I promise I will not bring anymore sadness here.  It has gone on long enough.  

We are headed to a fundraiser banquet Saturday.  We are helping with this event and K and I have both donated auction items.  We have become involved in an organization that helps Christian families adopt children.  If you are not aware, adoptions are incredibly expensive 20k to 40k.  This organization helps with those expenses.  We believe that it is incredibly important that children be raised in a Christian environment.  The name of the organization is Sacred Selections.  We and others are working to establish a chapter in this area.  You can find more information on Facebook and look for Sacred Selections Texas Hill Country.  If you care to donate there are links on that page for the online auction and also for a cash donation.

Happy Trails

No comments: