Friday, April 12, 2019

It's Friday!!

The 'Rib' is with Son#2 and a doctor appointment for his new little one.  It's time for the first round of vaccinations.  I'm sure tears will be shed.  So for the moment I am unsupervised.  I do have a regular doctor check up this afternoon to see how my diabetes is doing.  I expect good results.

I haven't done a thing about replacing my broken pistol  I need to save up for a while, but have other things demanding my cash at the moment.  So I will carry the 1911 when I don't have to stand or walk much, I don't want my pants falling down.  I will resort to K's Ruger LCR-L when we are together.  No, I won't leave her unarmed without me around.  She is much too valuable to me for me to be comfortable knowing she has no way to protect herself.

The weather this week has been Chamber of Commerce good.  It has been spectacular in other words.  We did get into the 90's one day but it has gone right back down to more comfortable levels.  With the weather so good I have been contemplating some day trips and road trips.  One that has been in my sights for some time is the San Jacinto Battlefield over SouthEast of Houston.  That one will probably be an overnighter.  I don't want to feel rushed getting through the horrible Houston traffic.  One reason I have never gone is I absolutely detest driving in Houston.  Anytime I have gone, it has been horrible and I have gone many times at different times of day.  But my desire to see this battlefield and the surroundings, i.e. USS Texas is making me lose my good sense.

All in all it has been a very good week.  Have been able to spend some time with the new Granddaughter where I could focus more on her without someone else begging to hold her.  That was pretty good as she is getting to where she can react to you now.  It will only get better.  Yesterday we went and picked her up and took her with us to visit my Parents, her great grandparents.  It was a great trip and Mom and I had a very good conversation.  But I worry about her more and more since my Dad relies on her for everything.  It is wearing on her spirit.  He treats her like his maid, and my Dad just doesn't get it.  Many prayers are being offered on her behalf.  

Just another day on the Front Porch of the Texas Hill Country.

Happy Trails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Good weeks are to be enjoyed! Especially the time with family!!!