Friday, April 26, 2019

Out of Pocket

We have been going and going this past week, hence the no posting.  On Monday we got the news of K's Uncle passing away in Abilene.  He was the last remaining sibling, he was K's mother's brother.  So we made plans to head that way as soon as we found out about arrangements.  There was no way we would miss this, as he was one of the finest men I have ever met.  A life well lived.  A man of God.  It as a fairly quick trip as we only stayed one night.  We were able to catch up with some of that branch of the family.  It had been too long as it usually is.  This was this past Thursday and Friday.  It's a four hour drive.  It was uneventful thankfully and we got to see some great wildflowers.  It's late for Bluebonnets, but now the Firewheels/Indian Blankets, Black Eyed Susans and Indian Paintbrush are taking over.  It was some of the best I have ever seen.  I wish we had had time to stop and take some photos.  

We also took care of Granddaughter #2 all day Wednesday and K spent the night at her house to give the people she lives with a break.  This will pretty much be the routine until K's surgery in June.  Then her Mom will be out of school and have more time and less stress.

I have a ton of yard work waiting for me again.  We have had ample rain and then some spectacular days of sunshine that is making everything grow faster than I want it to.  It makes everything look great but wears me out and I hurt for a couple days.  I will start working on it in phases over a period of days.  Less wear and tear on my old bones.

Happy Trails





1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Sorry to hear about the loss. And yeah, it’s yard work season (again).... sigh