Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Busy Tuesday

A change in our routine today.  My Grandson asked us to come to his 'belt test' for karate early in the morning like we did the last time.  This one was much more intense and they were working him hard.  He is only 9 years old and small for his age.  But that certainly doesn't slow him down.  I was amazed at his stamina.  He was very very active for one hour.  It was making me tired watching him exert so much energy.  On top of that, everything was more complicated and intense than the previous test.  Each belt gets a little harder and it showed.  You could see him thinking what needed to happen after some of his moves.  I was so very proud of him.  He has no quit and a lot of try in him and seems to have no fear.  Just like his Dad.  



He is just about the nicest kid and you would never expect that he could take you.

K spent the night at Son#2's last night.  She was helping out with the baby since Mom had to return to work today.  That way she could get better sleep so she would be fresher for the return to work.  It seemed to work out well and will probably happen a few more times.

A couple weeks ago I took my pistol to the gun shop/gunsmith to take a look at why the slide was jammed all the way back after and incident at the range.  It wasn't a commonly broken part like they were familiar with on this gun.  Apparently I messed up and am lucky to have my hands or worse intact.  They had quite a bit of trouble with it and spent most of one day trying to get it apart.  The barrel had a bulge in it.  They said it looked like a squib round didn't clear and the next round...you can guess the rest.  My lack of knowledge and experience was most certainly the cause of this.  I have never had a squib round and this was all new to me.  So I escaped unharmed and am highly chagrined over this.  So it is now a nice CZ-82 doorstop.  I actually asked them to dispose of it, maybe they can use if for parts.  Embarrassed to say the least but more experience now.  Now I need to save up to replace it so I have a reliable carry.  The 1911 is just too heavy to carry all the time.  It pulls my pants down.  No one wants to see that.  

I am considering 3 currently.  The M&P Shield Compact 9mm with the ported barrel, The new Ruger 9MM economy model-it is hard to ignore due to the cheap price but is only 7 rounds and doesn't come with an extra mag.  Then there is the Sig P365, very spendy for me, but the large capacity mags make it very desirable.  If you have any comments or suggestions on these or others please let me know in the comments.

Happy Trails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Congrats to your grandson! And I'd look at a revolver too. I have gone back to carrying a new Colt Cobra. Conceals better, and it's a good, accurate shooter right out of the box.