Monday, January 29, 2018

Been Busy

I (we) have been busy enough the last few days, that I didn't even think about a post here.  We have been hitting it pretty hard on getting items together for the show K has scheduled for the 8th of February.  She has been making new items of jewelry and all the other little details that go into a show and I have been pounding on leather.  Most of the leather is little items, it's something I can turn out rather quickly.  They specifically requested leather so I am compelled to produce.  

We also had the Grandkids over for the weekend.  It was the first time we had seen them since Christmas I believe.  That kept us very busy most of the weekend.  They brought some laser tag guns and we played that quite a bit.  They killed Poppy almost every time.  It didn't help that they ganged up on me.  I even resorted to things that they said were not according to the rules.  I still did terrible.  They had me breathing hard at times.  

Sunday morning we all loaded up in K's car and nada.  Dead battery.  So we didn't make church in the morning.  So I headed over to Costco and got a new battery and got that installed.  I was surprised that the battery was much cheaper at Costco than the last one I got.  By about half.  78$.  I had let the dealer install the last one when K was having the oil changed and they told me it was getting weak.  Lesson learned.  Now all I have to do is reset the electronic radio/clock in her car.  You have to punch in codes and a serial number from a card they give you when you bought it.  So we had to scramble to find this stupid card I had never seen before.  Not sure why they do this other than to get you to bring it to the dealer so they can sock you for more $$.  Jack wagons.  

Today will be more leather, mostly staining/dying and getting things finished up.  Most all the pounding is done unless I think of something else that I could get done in that short window.  But I don't want to make a bunch of stuff that doesn't sell since we have no real outlet anymore for our goods.  Catch 22.

Happy Trails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Time with the grands is always good! Even if they DO run one ragged...LOL