Monday, January 22, 2018

Errands

Today, Monday, I have a few errands to take care of in town.  Foremost on the list is to get an explanation of some billing I have received from the facility where my surgery was performed.  When I checked in the day of the surgery I was told what my share was and I paid it right then.  I now have received a bill from them that is a surprise.  I assume they are probably correct, that my insurance didn't pay as much as they had determined.  However, they knew what the charge was before they started and what percentage I had to pay of that.  So this bill comes as a bit of a surprise, but not totally.  I am not protesting the bill, I just need a full explanation, and see if someone may have messed up.  With all the bills that are still out, and we are expecting some very significant bills, I want to be sure I don't pay for someone's mistake.

While in town we have to make a stop at Verizon.  For some reason the wife's phone won't make or receive calls.  I have tried any number of fixes that I found on the interwebs, but none have worked.  Hopefully they can fix it, we certainly can't afford a new phone at this point.  I suspect that is what they will try to get us to do, buy a new phone.  Otherwise we will have to head to the Apple Store and see if they have a fix.  I hear nightmares about the Apple store and people waiting over 2 hours to get service.  I'm pretty patient, but not that patient.

We will then head to Home Depot, need some new bulbs for my fluorescent lights in the garage, and maybe to the grocer while we are in town.  I say in town, but it seems that the town has grown out to us.  We aren't so rural anymore, in fact not at all.  We are considering going over to the next town to do all our grocery shopping and errands. It's a little farther and doesn't have some things but if I can avoid that mess to our South I think it would be worth it.

My Uncle dropped off a Doe he shot for me.  We got that to the processor yesterday.  Trying a new place a little closer to home.  3-4 weeks processing time.  Considerably longer than the other place, they aren't as big an operation.  

Still need to finish up those holsters I have been working on.  It's just a matter of putting the final coat of finish on and then assembling.  We just got to busy for me to get it done over the weekend like I had planned.  Pics tomorrow, maybe.

Happy Trails

No comments: