Friday, January 19, 2018

Still Slacking

I know, I've been slacking regarding posts here.  But when I don't really have anything to say it's probably best to keep my mouth shut.  Oh, I could comment plenty on our congresscritters and what they are up to.  But it would serve no purpose other than to get me riled up and I try to avoid getting that way these days.  It's better for my blood pressure.  While I am mentioning health, I was recently told I am still cancer free.  It's been 3 years since my prostate cancer surgery.  They say the longer you go your chances of it not returning are better.  Well duh.  It seems to have become something I pay little attention to these days and I get to where I don't even think about the possibility it may return.  But for my mind, that is a good thing.  It could drive someone crazy to worry about something like that, it would be use to get worked up over it and wreck your health with the stress that would be self induced.  Yes, I am more than thankful for this news and I don't take it lightly when I sit and think about it, but that is rare.  I give my thanks and move on.  Oh and if you have any questions about what to expect with prostate cancer surgery, I will be glad to share my experience with you.  Just let me know and we can email each other and keep it private.

The weather has put a damper on most any activity, which is pretty typical for me when it is cold.  However I did start work on a couple leather holsters for semi-auto pistols.  They are pretty generic and are not molded as I would if they were a custom order.  I'll post pics when they are finished which should be this weekend.  The wife has a show with a the local rodeo folks that will kick off the rodeo that starts here early next month.  They specifically asked her to bring some leather along with her jewelry.  So these holsters will go to bulk up her stock and hopefully she will sell a few items.  She has worked for this bunch before and it has been good, we are hoping it will be good again but you never know.  

Her 'work' at the resort is evidently over.  We never heard back from them and they did not contact her at all around Christmas as they usually did.  We knew it would probably be that way, but with her recent surgery blow out she would not have been able to anyway.  So we are trying to determine what next steps we will proceed with to get a little income flowing.  Doing weekend shows are very hard and also cost more than we want to outlay.  Plus it usually takes more than just one or two folks to man a booth an entire weekend and we can't afford to pay anyone for that help.  

We have options but we are trying to wait on that for another year and just get through this one with as little pain as possible.  It could be worse.

Happy Trails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Good luck with the rodeo stuff! And yes, getting through the year as painlessly as possible is all of our goals!