Thursday, January 11, 2018

Finally

Starting to feel human again.  The sinus issues are finally abating and I can now breathe.  Hopefully my being able to concentrate long enough to read has returned and I can get back to the books I have waiting.  The list of books I have waiting for me grew even longer over the holidays.  I had made very little to no progress the past month with the surgeries and sickness.  However, a lot of things have been waiting for my attention in that time frame and reading may have to take a back seat as I try to catch up with various chores.

We also haven't seen my parents since the day of my surgery.  Once we got to where we could go, they got sick.  We didn't want to expose ourselves to whatever they had so soon after surgery.  Then I got sick.  They have been after us to come for several weeks now.  Maybe Friday, or Saturday.

The one immediate chore I need to get done ASAP is ship a firearm back to the manufacturer.  It has a recall on it.  I had been aware of this recall for some time but just put it off.  It is a Taurus handgun that I had mixed emotions about.  I really like the fit in my hand and it's compact design.  However, I could hardly hit paper with it.  It didn't really seem to matter at what distance I could never get it center.  At 3 yards it would hit the outer ring, about 6 inches low holding on center everytime.  No, there are no adjustable sights.  I think the design of the pistol was part of the problem.  It has a 3 inch barrel that is not fixed in place.  It sort of floats and is fixed when the slide is forward only.  When I say it floats, it moves quite a bit when the slide is back.  I am no expert but this doesn't seem like a good thing to me.  A barrel that wiggles that much surely can't be accurate.  I have no issues with any other handgun I have, so I am blaming the design.  I mainly just used this one as an emergency back up and never carried it as I had intended.  It was just too inaccurate to stake my safety on when in need.  So this recall will refund a portion of the purchase price.  I may get something else, I may not since I already have a very reliable one I am comfortable with.  We will see.  Now I have to get some packing materials to send it back.  Taurus in all their wisdom did not sell this one in the hard plastic case like most do.  So I have to come up with extra packing materials and evidently don't have on hand.  It's not just throwing it in a box and shipping it off like other items.  This is very specific and requires more effort than I have at the moment.  It will get done, the deadline is a motivator.

Happy Trails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Yep, get it shipped!