Monday, January 15, 2018

Weather

The weather here is about to turn nasty.  Having more than one of these events per year is pretty rare here.  They are predicting freezing rain and ice over the next couple days.  That is a paralyzing situation to us in this part of the state.  We just don't get enough of that type weather to learn how to drive on it.  So the 'authorities' over react and close roadways, they don't want to be responsible for some jack wagon that won't stay home hurting himself or someone else when he loses control of his vehicle.  It is a catch 22 for those 'authorities.'  On one had if they don't do everything they can to keep people safe and someone gets hurt, they get raked over the coals.  It the weather doesn't get as bad as expected, the get raked over the coals for being overly cautious etc.  I know, I used to work there.  There is no way they can do everything right in these situations.  I am the guy that thinks everyone is responsible for themselves and someone else shouldn't have to worry about your safety.  But that's just me.  SMH.

I guess we are going to head over the my parents today.  After many requests by my mother, and us having to decline just as many times.  Hopefully all will go well and be pleasant.  I will be on my best behavior.  We will include a couple short errands also.  Not sure we will make a trip to the grocer to stock up for little things for the cold snap.  They get pretty crazy with other doing exactly that.  They tend to act like the world is coming to an end and it is very annoying to deal with their inconsiderate lack of patience.

I got my firearm shipped.  Not sure when I will hear back from them.  Just checked the tracking number and it hasn't left town yet.  I dropped it off Thursday morning.  Supposed to be 2 day shipping.  I don't know.

Happy Trails

2 comments:

Terry and Linda said...

You stay warm...those ice storms can be killers out on the highways!

Thanks for the birthday wishes!

Linda

Old NFO said...

Ironically, you're getting the weather down there, and it's missing us completely up here! Odd...