Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Frog In a Pot



I rarely pay much attention to TV commercials.  I usually pick up a book for that couple minutes or channel surf.  The other day I was doing that when I heard the familiar strains to the Imperial Death March from the Star Wars franchise.  It was a vocal version, so i looked up and noticed it was a Dad and young Son, and the Dad was trying to get the Son to eat.  It was  Campbell's Soup commercial.  I don't want to ruin the 'surprise' so here it is if you haven't seen it.


Really?  I just found it hard to stomach.  

I used to buy Campbell's soups.  Used to.  I really don't see the point in this commercial or how it will get more soup sold.  I do believe it is just another attempt to make bad things seem OK.  That has been going on for a long time and is becoming more and more successful, to the point that those that don't buy into the garbage have become the bad guys.  No, my not buying their soup anymore won't change them or their outlook.  But, I can't in good conscience support something that goes out of it's way to promote or support something that I know is against my values and the teachings of God.  Call me all the names you want, it won't change me or the facts.  Our society has gotten to the point that bad has become acceptable and those that point it out have become the pariah.   

This the 'frog in the pot' scenario.  Put a frog in a pot of very hot water and he will jump out.  Put him in a pot of cool water and gradually turn up the heat and he will cook to death.  He doesn't notice what is happening until to late.  Does that sound familiar? 

These type changes have been taking place for some time now, the pot of water is getting very hot, yet there are few who notice.  I think more notice than not actually. They just choose not too challenge and become a target, and being attacked for their beliefs.  It's evident in that few stand up for their principles anymore.  Their is fear of being labeled.  No one wants the 'R' (Racist) word hung on them, no wants the Intolerant label. Those accusations are thrown about loosely.  It's better to not rock the boat, don't bring attention to yourself and maybe they will go away. 

We see how anyone will be attacked for stating their beliefs, regardless of the truth.  They are shouted down and castigated for speaking their minds if it opposes their agenda.  It has gotten to the point no one wants to deal with these wack jobs as they have become even more strident and even violent.  Yes, there are wack jobs on the other side too, but they are much fewer and they are used as an example of how not to be.   Consequently we have become a generation that won't stand for their principles, beliefs or values.

I could go on and on but I know you get the picture

The pot is near boiling....and it ain't Campbell's soup.

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Well said, and I hadn't seen it... strange that it hasn't shown in the East Coast markets, or maybe they think the conditioning is complete here... sigh