Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Crazy



I NEVER go do the Christmas shopping madness anymore.  If I can’t find it online, they don’t need it.  Nothing is worth the aggravation of the crowds of mindless shoppers pushing, bumping and jumping in front of you.  I used to fight that mess, not anymore.  

Until yesterday.  We hadn’t really had much time to do the necessary shopping as we usually do.  Just way too much on our plate with family issues that we didn’t much think past that.  Christmas shopping got delayed.  All the online purchases just finished arriving, well most of them.  We really only needed to shop for the Grandkids.  That can be fun and frustrating at the same time.  Especially for a very picky Granddaughter.  Kim goes way overboard for them, but they are our only two, so she likes to spoil a bit.  

I offered to go along with her this time, crazy, I know.  She had said she would probably go to a mall that isn’t quite as busy as the bigger well know malls.  So I was a little more amenable to the idea.  I also have been pretty much a hermit this last year.  Not leaving the house except for church, the grocer’s or out to eat.  I needed to ‘get out’ for my own sanity.

The trip went much better than I could have anticipated.  It was short.  Much shorter than I expected not to mention Kim’s expectations.  She loves to shop and will go and go as much as she can until she is done.  My stamina plays out pretty quick these days, but I was going to try and go with her.  We seemed to be focused, or Kim didn’t wander around like she does when she shops.  I gave her fair warning prior about my issues LOL.  We went to 2 toy stores, got in and got out in about an hour.  Record time believe me.  Spent waaaay too much.

So the shopping is done.  We are almost ready for the family to descend on us Christmas Eve.  This year my parents will come to our home.  They no longer can host the clan’s gathering.  My brother and his family will have them Christmas Day.  Kim and I will be alone with the remnants and aftermath Christmas Day.  It will be strange this year.  So many changes.  I will have to adjust my expectations and try not to be disappointed family is scattering to other events/families/obligations.

Not sure about the next post, when it may be.  In case I’m not back in time I want to wish you each a Merry Christmas and you receive the blessings you deserve.

Merry Christmas Trails

2 comments:

CenTexTim said...

Every time I drive into San Antonio I swear I'm never going there again. I drove down 281 Monday about 10:30 in the morning, thinking traffic wouldn't be too bad. The idiot on the radio said "traffic is unusually light this morning." Then I topped a hill and saw cars stacked up bumper to bumper - and I was still several miles from 1604.

Never again...!

Anyway, I hope all goes well at your Christmas celebration.

Merry Christmas and God Bless.

Randy said...

Thanks Sir, and yes, I know exactly what you are talking about on US 281. I avoid it as much as possible and it's still not enough.