Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Quiet



Finally, a day with nothing pre-planned.  No going over to my parents’ house to work on moving or selling things.  It’s not done yet but at least some of the urgency has ceased.  Still no final solution but the decisions are still in a flux.

I hate to even talk about this.  The roofer has stood me up again.  He says his truck broke down last Thursday and would let me know by Friday 9 AM when he would be out.  Still nothing.  This after even expressing to him his lack of contact.  Many apologies and he still hasn’t changed.  I’m done.  I have another roofer coming Wednesday for an estimate.  I was hoping the original roofer would just show up without contact so I could fire him on the spot after driving all the way out here with the materials he bought for my house.  Mean, yes probably.  I am very patient with most things but this has gone on too long.  He could have saved myself and him a lot of trouble if he had just said ‘the job is too small’ for me or whatever reason he has for continually saying he will be here and then never showing.  I just don’t get it.  I wonder if he will even bother to contact me at all and explain himself.  Probably not.  I wasn’t forceful enough after the first time.  My bad.

The Family Christmas gathering went very well.  I had a better time than I have had in a while.  Ended much too soon.  Only about 3 hours.  Not really enough time to visit with everyone that showed.  I noticed that even though we haven’t seen each other in months, most everyone will sit with their own immediate family when sitting to eat instead of mingling with those we don’t see very often.  It happens almost all the time with every family.  It’s especially prevalent among the younger cousins.  They really just don’t know each other very well and feel more comfortable with their own family.  Things aren’t like they were when I was a kid where we visited all our cousins regularly.  Now everyone has so many things vying for their attention family relationships have suffered.  No condemnation, just an observation.

Dropped Kim’s car at the body shop to get her bumper fixed.  About 3 days they say for repair.  She got a rental.  It’s really nice, a 2016 Ford Escape.  Had to get the insurance company to OK that since it was more than they wanted to pay.  But we appealed to them, why not a small SUV for a small SUV instead of a full size car since she uses the SUV for hauling stuff for her business?  They agreed with out protest.  Cool.  It’s a good way to test drive a possible future purchase.  It’s much peppier than Kim’s and we both really like that.  There are way too many electronic devices for my preference.  Not sure what that SYNC thing is, doesn’t really work fully anyway since it’s a rental, they shut some of it off.  Just what every driver needs, more crap to distract you and make you more hazardous on the road.  SMH.

Happy Trails.

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

Yep, I've noticed that at family gatherings too... When we were small, all of us kids usually took off... LOL

Randy said...

I guess it's normal, but strikes me as a little strange