Thursday, December 17, 2015

I Knew It



The other roofing company I called to come look at and give me an estimate came yesterday.  Just as I suspected it would be more, by a third.  Then if they find more once the shingles are off it could go higher.  Not what I wanted but I knew it would be this way.  I still have to wait around 5 weeks due their full schedule.  I did stress to them not to leave me uninformed like the last guy.  I have an abundance of patience for this sort of thing, but it will be less this time due to the previous issues I have had.  Not their fault, but just keep me in the loop and we will be good to go.

The Grandkids are here for a couple days.  They haven’t been here since September.  Unusually long.  But we have been busy with so many things more than usual and their Mom has been stressing the Home Schooling routine a little stronger.  That has left less time than previous.  Kim is already spoiling them.

Kim’s car is scheduled to be completed today. 

No, didn’t watch the debates as usual.  I did read a couple things folks had to say about how they perceived it.  Glad to see my guy is doing better and they gave him some pretty good marks if not the best. 


been following the news about my favorite college football team and it seems every day there is a new dumpster fire.  Some of the reporting now has taken on a ‘hit piece’ type flavor.  Maybe the deep pockets boosters that don’t like the coach has lined the writers pockets a bit.  Why ever write a piece that he has to know will sabotage the coaches standing?  I used to really like his writing but I have to question what he is about now. 

Happy Trails

2 comments:

CenTexTim said...

Well, at least the grandkids should make you feel better for a while.

Not sure if you're talking about UT or A&M, but both programs are in the news for the wrong reasons lately. It sure seems like politics - the folks with all the $$$ have much more influence than us regular folks, and get their way no matter what. I'm pretty disgusted with the whole thing.

Randy said...

I just realized I could be talking about either university. I just caught up on some of the things at A&M. I thought most everything was sunshine and roses there, little did I realize it may even be worse for their coach.