Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Catching Up and Trying to Finish Up



I didn't bother watching the liar in chief and whatever he might have said has escaped my notice.  I just can't fathom there being anything he has to say of anything of significance or should I say worth my time, especially concerning terrorism and/or islam.  I also didn't need to be scolded about my attitudes and how I should be as an American, which is what I seem to hear him do quite often.  Just how does he, of all people come off telling me how I should be or act?  @$Q#^@*( , yes that's probably what you think it is as far as my language goes. 

Feeling better but still snotty.  Makes it hard to sleep, antihistamines seem to have little effect. 

Have a service guy coming out Tuesday to check out our heat unit.  They were supposed to come in October but we got left off the call list.  Called them and got on their schedule in November.  They couldn't get here in time and we had a previous engagement and postponed them.  That was 11/17.  They are just now getting to us.  Also, my roofer has finally committed to Wednesday 10 AM to get started on my leaky patio.  It's just been a series of unfortunate issues that has prevented getting the roof done.  Since it's such a small job I can't really afford to have a big company do the work, there is just not enough profit in it without really jacking up the price.  So I have been more than patient, I just hope my trust is well placed.  He mostly does work for large insurance outfits and comes highly recommended and he seems to know his stuff.  Yeah I guess I am trying to convince myself.

Things are still a mess with my parent's move.  There is still a lot of junk that needs to be moved out of their house and disposed of.  We have an estate sale scheduled for this Friday and hope we can get rid of most of the rest.  Whatever remains they will donate and have it hauled off.  This really needs to get done sooner than later.  It is really wearing all of us down.  It is especially telling with my parents.  The littlest issues seem to upset my Mom to the point that she really isn't thinking things through well.  She says she hates the new place.  This after saying she loved it.  Not surprised actually.  The thing that set her off was the lack of any type of potatoes on the menu.  Really.  But you have to understand that she is hurting because of her broken foot, she is stressed over the contents of the house and getting it finished, and Dad fell on his face while she was gone.  Luckily they had someone, a medic, there to help him.  That is what they moved for.  To have help readily available when and if something happens with my Dad.  But right now that's not computing very well. 

We are gathering all the help we can summon to get as much of their stuff sold and gone this Friday so that my parents (Mom) can finally move on.  They need this, we all need this, to wrap up ASAP.  At this point we will most definitely be making someone some great deals.  By the end of the day there may even be free stuff, if not sooner.  We don't want to go back anymore....

Happy Trails

2 comments:

CenTexTim said...

One word of advice ... beer! :-)

Old NFO said...

Thoughts and prayers, and yes beer... sigh