Thursday, May 30, 2019

Grands

The little Nugget is here for a couple nights.  My son works from home and is the sole keeper of the baby throughout the day, plus he gets up at night multiple times to feed her as Mom has to be at work at 7 AM.  He gets a little worn at times handling that and trying to work also.  We are glad to help out and are able to almost anytime.  We also invited the other two Grands over.  My 11 year old Granddaughter is a natural Mom already and is willing and able to do anything to help and will jump up immediately as soon as the Nugget makes a sound.  It's wonderful to watch her with the baby, it makes my heart soar like a hawk.  My 9 year old Grandson will play with the baby some but he lets his sister handle most everything else.  Our hearts are full.

My Grandson likes to help me out with any BBQ-ing I might do.  This time I threw a bunch of wings on the grill.  He will stack the charcoal as it should be and then light the fire.  He helped prepping the wings also and watches every step I take in the grilling.  He says he helps Dad at home too.  It's great to see him take an interest in what I am doing, he actually tears himself away from the TV to do this.  I have found out he also will make breakfast at home for everyone at times.  Apparently he is the master at scrambled eggs ( he requires cheese in his).  He will eat a ton of those, I can verify that.  Maybe we have a future chef on hand.

Happy Trails








1 comment:

Old NFO said...

That's great! And family contributing is even better! Enjoy the time with the grands!